- How to Apply for a Booking
- Booking Notifications
How to Apply for a Booking
Please use theweb form to make your booking online. The online form software will calculate the charges for you to see when you PREVIEW the form prior to the actual form submission. After the PREVIEW stage you have the option to further edit or finally SUBMIT the application. SUBMIT will save your application into the system as well as emailing a copy of the completed data to the booking officer and to you.
Use one booking form per family or individual.
Supply the booking id returned by your submission to family or friends you would like to have book in with you. You can make multiple online bookings and link them together as a single group booking including your sponsored guests. [Read More]
The requirements of our lease are that we have the contact details for every individual or family group staying at the lodge. If you are filling in a form on behalf of others joining your booking, supply their contact details on the form, not your own.
If it is not possible for you to fill in the form online, please email to the or telephone the booking officer on 0425 256 255.
The standard booking week is from Sunday to Sunday. Weekend and part week bookings for winter stays at Pygmy Possum Lodge cannot be made more than 4 weeks prior to the start of the booking. Note that room allocation constraints may require you to move rooms on the Sunday during your stay if you book across the standard week boundary.
All booking notifications are sent via email.
Booking Offered - You will be notified when your booking application has been accepted via an Offer of the accommodation from the booking officer. You are expected to provide payment by one of the preferred payment methods within 5 business days of the Offer date. Bookings not paid for within the 5 business days may be forfeited and the associated beds allocated to other booking applicants. (Single Wing or Whole Lodge Bookings have different payments terms.)
Booking Confirmed - When fully paid for the booking will be notified as Confirmed.
Room Allocation - In the week prior to the start date of your booking you will be sent the information needed during your stay:
- How to access the lodge, how to connect to the WiFi
- Room Allocation sheet - take note of what beds you have been allocated and bring appropriate sheets for the size of bed. The booking officer allocates rooms. Check the trip list as sent to you and also when you arrive at the lodge. Talk to the lodge captain if there are real problems with the room allocations.
- Much other invaluable information - please read it, there is no manager at the lodge to tell you what you need to know, and the lodge captain is on holiday too. They are not there to save you the effort of reading what is sent to you.
Terms used on the booking form
Twin Share / Single Supplement
Accommodation is allocated on a Twin Share basis unless the single supplement fee is selected and lodged with the initial booking application. i.e. Single supplement fees are to be paid in addition to the standard bed fees if a single person does not want to share a room. The single supplement fee is the same for adults and children. A limited amount of single room accommodation is available and will be allocated on a credit point basis. It is not appropriate to ask to pay a single supplement fee to avoid room sharing at the time room allocations are being decided. Single people do not need to pay the single supplement provided they are prepared to share a room with someone from another booking party. All single supplements are subject to availability, special conditions and confirmation from the booking officer.
Weekly vs Nightly Rates
The per week discounted rate is equivalent to 4 times the nightly rate. It applies to a stay from 4 to 7 nights long within a standard booking week (Sunday to Sunday). Note that each Sunday to Sunday component of a booking is charged independently of the rest of the booking for Winter Season bookings and for Summer High Season. During other Summer periods non standard week long bookings are charged at the weekly rate, and bookings for longer than a week are charged at one seventh of the weekly rate times the number of days stay.
Child rates are applicable where age is 16 years and under.
Children 2 years and under, in a cot, are FREE.
Family rates may be available for some booking periods. Where it is available, the family rate applies wherever it is cheaper than the individual rates for up to four members of the one family, with at most 2 people 17 years and over counted within the four family members. Additional adults or children will be charged the individual rate.
The members rate is applicable to members, members' spouses, and their children aged 16 years and under. A member's dependant children aged 17 - 19 years may be booked in at the adult member rates. Non-dependent members children, and members children who are over the age of 19 do not qualify for members rates.
Non Member Bookings
Non members may apply for a booking either as guests sponsored by a member, or as guests without member sponsorship. Before the latter (guest bookings without member sponsors) are processed a board member will contact the guest to brief them about the lodge. Guests cannot make independent bookings in the priority booking round.
BPAY Payment Preferred
Please pay by
The Customer Reference number will be supplied to you with the confirmation of your booking, or as part of the RESPONSE of your online booking. The customer reference number will be different for each booking you make. This is done to ensure that each payment is credited to the correct booking.
Limitations on use of Accommodation Credits
There is a minimum percentage of the fees payable which must be covered by cash rather than accommodation credits. This is to ensure the club has sufficient cash funds to cover immediate bills. The percentage is currently set at 25%.
Other Payment Options
Post payments to:
PO Box 3157
Thornton NSW 2322
- Cheque Payments: Make cheques payable to Elouera Ski Club Inc and include your booking number on the back. Post with the form to the address above.
- Credit Card Payments: Write the details of your credit card to be charged in the spaces provided on the printed booking form response, then post to the address above. If your booking is being made at the last minute you will need to phone the booking officer to give them your credit card details.
All accommodation rates include GST. The Club provides a combined GST tax invoice/booking receipt by email at the time each booking is Confirmed.
- Some condiments only are available as part of the booking fee.
- Other non perishable food items are available for purchase from the food store. All non community food items used from the store are required to be paid for.
- Dockets to record food store purchases are available at the lodge, and must be filled in and returned to the club via the lodge captain along with the "Summary of Food Used, Payments and Refunds" form for the booking. This applies whether or not food has been used.
- Payment can be made in cash to the lodge captain, or pay the club directly following the instructions on the "Summary of Food Used, Payments and Refunds" form for the booking.
Cancellation Policy - Winter 2020 Bookings
The standard cancellation policy has been relaxed somewhat for the Winter 2020 season in order to give lodge guests greater flexibility in light of the COVID-19 situation. If you wake up ill on the day you would be coming in to the lodge, you can claim a full refund as long as you STAY AWAY and provide us with a Doctor's certificate.
Requests for refunds must be in writing or via email, and they will be made on the followig basis
- 4 weeks or more written notice - full refund, no Doctor's certificate required.
- less than 4 weeks written notice with a Doctor's Certificate - full refund.
- 2 to less than 4 weeks written notice without a Doctor's Certificate - 66% refund.
- less than 2 weeks written notice without a Doctor's Certificate - no refund.
Cancellation Policy - Standard Bookings
A cancellation administration fee of $10.00 is charged for every booking cancelled. This may be either taken as 5 accommodation credit points if credit points were used to secure the booking, or it will be effected by a $10.00 reduction in the value of any applicable refund.
Requests for refunds must be in writing or via email.
Refunds for standard (not whole lodge or single wing) bookings will be made on the following basis
- 6 weeks or more written notice - full refund less the fee.
- 4 to less than 6 weeks written notice - 66% refund less the fee.
- Less than 4 weeks written notice with a Doctor's Certificate - Accommodation Credit Points will be issued to the value of 50% of the booking costs less the fee.
- Less than 4 weeks notice without a Doctor's certificate - No refund.
- The Committee may exercise discretion if accommodation is re-let.
Single Wing or Whole Lodge Bookings
Single Wing or Whole Lodge bookings are not standard and can only be made in Summer Off-Peak times as determined by the board. They are subject to different conditions to the standard bookings made by individuals, families and small groups.
- 10% of the full fee is required to be paid as an up front holding deposit at the time of the booking Offer
- the balance of fees is to be paid at least 6 weeks prior to the booking start (or at the time of the booking Offer if the Application is made less than 6 weeks prior to the booking start)
Cancellation Refunds Policy
A cancellation administration fee of $10.00 is charged for every booking cancelled.
- 6 weeks or more written notice - full refund less the $10.00 admin fee.
- 2 to less than 6 weeks written notice - 90% refund less the $10.00 admin fee.
- 1 to less than 2 weeks written notice - 80% refund less the $10.00 admin fee.
- Less than 1 week notice - 50% refund less the $10.00 admin fee.